As of 09 November, Ireland has agreed to follow the EU Traffic Light System, which finally brings some clarity, consistency & transparency in relation to travel.
So, what does this mean for travel to Maldives ? Well to put it quite simply, it means you can travel to Maldives and on your return to Ireland, there is no need to quarantine for 14 days provided you have a Covid Negative PCR Certificate taken no later than 72 hours prior to returning to Ireland.
Following our recent visit to Maldives in October, we are happy to share with you our experience and details of what documents you require to visit Maldives :
- To enter Maldives you need a Negative PCR test with Certificate. This can be arranged in Dublin from Randox Laboratories >> https://booking.randox.ie/ for €99 or Nationwide at the Tropical Medical Bureau for €180 >>> https://www.tmb.ie/clinics. The PCR test Must be done no later than 96 hrs before departure from Ireland.
- Face masks must be worn for duration of flight and in airports. ( except when eating and drinking )
- You can get Covid Travel Insurance from Allied Insurance Maldives for USD$25 for stay up to 7 nts or $35 for stays up to 14 days. Covers covid related medical bills only. See >> https://allied.mv/inbound
- You must complete an online declaration form in advance of arrival inc a copy of your PCR cert. See >> https://imuga.immigration.gov.mv/ethd/create
- Temperature check upon leaving resort with certificate issued signed by doctor.
- Online departure declaration form must be completed before departure. >> https://imuga.immigration.gov.mv/ethd/create
- PCR Testing can be arranged in resort which will allow you to avoid 14 day quarantine on your return to Ireland. These are free in some resorts and approx $110 in others. Please check at time of booking.
- Must complete Passenger Locator Form online returning to Ireland. >> https://cvd19plf-prod1.powerappsportals.com/en-us/
For those who wish to travel, our resorts are open and are ready to welcome you.
For those who are uncomfortable traveling during this pandemic, we’ll be here for you, when you’re ready to do so.